- The average (balmy, breezy and very beautiful) temperature in Hawaii is 75 to 85 degrees all year long but February and March tend to get a little bit more rain.
- In the event of rain, Weddings of Hawaii will work to change the date and/or location at no additional charge to you. Most rain in Hawaii only lasts for a few minutes, so it usually doesn't present a major hassle or headache.
- Having your wedding on a weekday will ensure more privacy. The weekends have 60% more people out enjoying the sun and sand.
- You may want to consider the Hawaiian Lei Ceremony, the Sand Ceremony and the Children's Ceremony, especially meaningful for blended families with small children.
- Try to arrive in Hawaii at least 2 days before the ceremony, to relax, refresh, and obtain your marriage license (no waiting period, photo ID and $60 cash).
- The State of Hawaii requires a $20 permit for all weddings at public beaches and parks.
- Your wedding planners will assist you with flowers, photographers, videographers and even book travel and hotels for the entire group if needed.
Jul 21, 2014
Hawaiian wedding planning tips - these I have condensed from the fabulous FAQ page of Weddings of Hawaii. Having spent time in Honolulu, sipping a sweet blend of light rum, fresh strawberries, bananas, pineapple juice and coconut cream - more commonly known as a "Lava Flow" - I would gladly renew my vows on Waikiki Beach with the help of these Hawaiian wedding planners who have over 30 years of experience and the testimonials to prove it. Here is their free (and edited) advice on how to have the perfect wedding in Hawaii:
Posted by Beautiful Bridal at 1:22 PM
Jul 13, 2014
Tea party bridal shower favors - small but sweet tea themed gifts for those who love to share a comforting cup of herbal tea. I love the convenience of tea bags myself, but for those who love freshly brewed tea leaves, these heart-shaped tea infuser spoons are just a few dollars each. An affordable little gift and a heart warming reminder of a very special afternoon spent with well-loved friends. A sturdy design and easy to use, this elegant tea infuser won't tarnish, and opens easily by squeezing the handle. Simply put your favorite loose tea leaves inside, steep in hot water for a few minutes and enjoy!
Purple and white wedding cakes - exquisite, elegant and when paired with black - somewhat edgy. Each of these purple fondant cakes had me at "hello" but my favorite is the third photo - a fairly plain three-tiered square wedding cake accented with white fondant "lace" appliques all the way around the center tier but used sparingly on corners and edges. Deep purple and pale lavender roses add the perfect touch to this exquisite design. Purple wedding cupcakes, piped with creamy buttercream icing are an easy and elegant compliment to your purple or lovely lavender wedding cake.
Jul 10, 2014
S'mores wedding favors - a sweet and simple thank you gift of graham crackers, marshmallows and well-loved Hershey's milk chocolate. And if Reese's peanut butter cups are your passion, treat your guests to A Peanutty S'more by substituting a tasty peanut butter cup for the Hershey's candy bar. A little more time-consuming, but oh so elegant for a bridal shower or rehearsal dinner, serve Mason Jar S'mores Cupcakes (shown at bottom), a delicious blend of chocolate cake mix, bittersweet chocolate and marshmallow frosting.
Jul 9, 2014
Gently used, affordable pre owned wedding gowns - why not? I took a good hard look at the very first online listing service, Pre Owned Wedding Dresses, connecting eager buyers with hopeful sellers. For brides-to-be this means a one time $25 fee, and after that buyer and seller communicate directly with each other. No commissions or hidden fees are involved in this process. It's been working well since 2004 and they have been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Cosmo and People Magazine. You know if Martha gives something the green light, it has to meet her very high wedding standards. Here's where to find used wedding gowns:
- Pre Owned Wedding Dresses - a listing service that connects buyers and sellers directly. To sell a gown there is a one-time $25 fee, that covers your listing until it sells. And there's no additional commission fee. To buy, choose from designer gowns such as Caroline Herrera, Alfred Angelo, Lazaro and Maggie Sottero.
- Once Wed - is not responsible for any transaction between buyer and seller. Launched in 2008, it claims to be the only free pre-owned wedding gown listing service on the Internet.
- Bravo Bride - is free to those who are buying. To sell a wedding gown, listings are $19.95 and remain for 18 months or until they sell.
- Wore It Once - takes a onetime $25.00 listing fee per item listed. A large variety of designers from David's Bridal ($400) to Oscar De La Renta ($6,000).
- Bride to Bride Boutique - buyers and sellers contact through an anonymous messaging system to work out the payment and shipping terms. Items available for sale include: wedding dresses, jewelry and accessories, favors, and wedding ceremony and reception decorations.
Paloma Blanca Wedding Dress at Once Wed
(Paid $2,800 - Asking $1,500)
Jul 8, 2014
Rustic wedding bouquets - made of simple and surprising new elements - twigs and straw, succulents, paper and twine. Some varieties of wheat are surprisingly hardy and available year round, making your bouquet easy to prepare in advance. Twine, natural raffia or burlap wrapped bouquets with freshly picked wildflowers have their own down-to-earth rustic charm, are very affordable and a joy to create.
Jun 26, 2014
Practical wedding favors - a sweet little thank you gift your guests can actually use! Some - such as small tree seedlings, herbs and succulents - nestled into small terra cotta pots, will thicken and thrive, acting as beautiful patio greenery as well as a lasting reminder of your special day. No wasteful plastic or paper to leave it's mark on our beautiful, but tender planet. Cookie cutters and measuring spoons get the job done for potlucks and picnics. Assorted candles come in handy when you want to cast a warm glow over dinner and dessert. More well-loved practical favor ideas:
- lip balm
- coffee and tea bags
- soap wedding favors
- tea lights
- bottle stoppers
- small plants or succulents